Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finished Chairs - Delivered


Delivered the 6 chairs in time for Christmas, my daughter-in-law chose the fabric she wanted, and we got busy covering the fabric over the foam I cut and brought with me. The silver/grey looks real nice with the colors in the room and the chairs are very comfortable. I think the chairs turned out better than the photo but they both were pleased with the outcome and that alone was worth all the work. Happy New Year to everyone and create a bunch of shavings in 2010!!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like they turned out really nice. I also like the picture of your workshop, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks EA, my son and daughter in law were pleased witht he results and that's what matters most I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking chairs. I am going to be building some later this year. Do you have any advice. These will be the first ones that I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grover, this was my first effort at a project of this magnitude and the take away for me was patience and accuracy. Cutting that many mortise and tenon joints can quickly become very tedious and it is easy to get sloppy, and it is imperative you get the mortise marking and layout accurate or assembly will become a real challenge. I don’t want to scare you away from the project though, I had a blast building these chairs and I stated earlier the kids loved them and that’s all that matters. Good luck with your project. Does hesitate to contact me with questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rick. I am going to get some books on building chairs and spend sometime learning from those and then I will probably take one on. The nice thing is I have a couple of different chairs in the house to take notes from.

    --Grover
    groverwoodworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete