Monday, June 16, 2014

A sectional sofa for a condo deck. I was asked by Uptown Interiors in Warsaw, KY to build the framework for a clients sofa. The ottoman can double as a table, or have a cushion on top. Cedar on all of the exposed areas left to age naturally. This was a "design as you go" project. Uptown made the cushions and she will finish the deck in the a beach theme requested by her client.
 The frame work I used standard construction grade material and covered the "show" sides, including the backs, with cedar. No finish as the cedar will age naturally.

Units are 30" x 30" by 25" high (in the back), the unit closest to the door is 38". The ottoman will double as a table with the cushion removed. 

I wanted to get the "rustic" look requested, I tried to use random sized cedar for around the ottoman. Overall I am pleased with the the finished project 

No comments:

Post a Comment